Monday, July 4, 2011

Forever a Frog

The point of this first blog is simple: I love TCU and being a Frog. A lot has gone into my Horned Frog journey, starting largely with my family and friends. Leaving home for college is daunting - as is realizing that I’m a senior now.
This is me with my dad and big sister when they came down for Family Weekend last year - right before we watched the Frogs take down those silly Baylor Bears. I’m fortunate to live close enough to home to be able to see my family fairly often, which I love.



Graham, me, Diego, and Trev

Dana, Tiff, and me

Roomie boys! Graham and Trev

I’ve met some of the most amazing people since attending TCU. My friends are wonderful, and so much fun! From game nights and movie nights to going out and dancing, we always have a blast. It’s hard to imagine how different my life would be without them in it.





All of our traditions (rubbing Addy’s nose before a test, playing in Frog Fountain, Riff Ram...) go a long way in making TCU awesome. This building, Winton-Scott, is where I spend the vast majority of my life - and my picture with Batman and Robin is a good reason as to why I don’t mind that! These are 2 of our best psychology professors after “winning” the Dress my Professor contest during Psi Chi week. 




Fort Worth is a great place to live. The Stockyards, it's my backyard; that's where I grew up (well practically - but does anyone get the song reference?! :) and downtown is so beautifully lit at night. The Fort is a laid back and friendly place, but with more than enough to keep you busy for a long while. 
Coming to TCU has been one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. I’ve met the best people and had a fantastic time, all the while learning SO much. I’ve had some of the greatest opportunities you could ask for, including studying abroad this summer in London - the very reason for this blog! I’m a Frog no matter which side of the pond I happen to be on. Happy reading :)


1 comment:

  1. So glad to see you got your first blog entry posted! You included a number of evocative TCU and Fort Worth images here that really speak to the appeal of TCU, too. (The admissions folks would be so grateful...)

    For the images that you compose and the (very short) text that you include with subsequent photo essays in London, be on the look out for more of these evocative images (sometimes close ups of objects work really well); you'll want to save photos of friends for your facebook photos, I suspect!

    ReplyDelete