Thursday, July 7, 2011

Coming of Age as a Worker

The Foundling Museum

"You are not my little girl anymore."
"Stop putting on your bloody make up."
"Regret for me is, there's no such word." - Stan Nelhams

The Geffrye


"And you felt self-satisfied with the result of your ardent labours?"
"Far from it. I was tormented by the contrast between my idea and my handiwork: in each case I had imagined something which I was quite powerless to realize."

"The truest love that ever heart,
Felt kindled at its core"

Tate Britain

"Do you consider me handsome?"
"No sir."

"Indeed! I considered it a very natural and necessary one: he had talked of his future wife dying with him. What did he mean by such a pagan idea?"

5 comments:

  1. I love how you got quotes that explain the pictures, from Jane Eyre and other sources. They really give a new outlook on the things we saw this week. Your picture angles were great and the images you chose gave me a new outlook on Jane Eyre and her place as a worker and a woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked your quotes pared with the images because it allows the reader to have there own perspective while still stating your opinion. I also really liked your format, especially the outline of the photos and the font.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too liked the juxtaposition of quote with image. You might, next time, put the source in parenthesis to help those who may have forgotten where the words came from.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also really liked the angles and how you used quotes. We think about the quotes being used through literature, but this gives them a new way for us to interpret them. Some of them I wouldn't have thought to connect with the different pictures you did, so I like what you did.

    ReplyDelete